Blogging with Tristan
Stay Focused: NO TIME FOR UNSUPPORTIVE FAMILY OR FRIENDS IN 2020… How I Deal With Unsupportive Friends and Family… Keep Moving the Dream Forward.
I started TJInspires in 2015, starting a business is challenging enough, but it can be more difficult if your family or friends doesn’t support you. I know you’re out there grinding and making it happen. You’re putting in the work every day. I’m sure giving it 100%. The results may not be there yet, but I know you’ll get there. I believe in your hard work, perseverance, and grit.
Before we move forward! I do not expect my family or friends, to support everything. But with social media, it only takes a second to leave a comment, repost, or tag.
I Thank God for everyone who has supported TJInspires! Thank You! Thank God for my Mom, Dad, Demond, and Chawona. Thanks for pushing and motivating me to keep moving forward.
1. Recognize authentic friendships. When beginning your entrepreneurial journey, acknowledge that you become a product of the 3 people you spend the most time with. Authentic friends will support your goals and help you move forward. If you see people around you not showing support -- acknowledge it and move on with your life. With the positivity you bring, the right people will cross your path.
2. Do It Anyway!History is littered with success stories of people who did things against their family's wishes. Do you think Steve Jobs' parents were happy when they dropped out of school to build computers (remember, at this time, most computers were the size of Mack trucks, so the idea that every home would have one was nuts!). Do you think Mary Kay's family wondered about how she was going to make a living selling cosmetics from her kitchen table? If your family is holding you back, figure out why. Maybe one of the suggestions above can help change their attitude. But if not, maybe you just do it anyway. Sometimes, people need to see to believe.
3.CUT THEM OUT! List all the people who are hateful, negative, and always pulling you down, and cut them out completely. As an entrepreneur, or just someone who’s trying to get their life together, it’s better to remove these draining people.
4. Keep Moving FORWARD! KEEP PRAYING! God will give you everything you need!
5. Don’t give up. Once you quit, it is never quite the same. Whether it’s a relationship, a job, or your life, you are in charge of your choices. Giving up may enter your mind, but find some way to keep going, even if you have to do things a little differently.
6. Remember, it’s not a race. If you do just one thing a day, you will reach your goal. Sometimes even doing that one thing can seem overwhelming, and if so, just get started and you can always give yourself the weekend off. Pretty soon, you will find that doing this work to get to the next level of your life is actually rewarding, and you will start to feel better.
7. Even making a little progress can go a long way. The key is to stick with what you’ve started. It’s kind of like writing a book. In the beginning, you have an idea, or maybe several, but by writing one page at a time, you will complete the book and feel pretty great about yourself.
Wake Pray Hustle Repeat...
AUTHOR’S NOTEFrom the Desk of Tristan Jackson
Thank you so much for the support and purchasing Wake-Hustle-Pray-Repeat. Get ready for the roller coaster of going after your dreams. Whether you are 10, 15, 20, 35, 45, 65, or 105, we all have dreams and aspirations. On my journey, I have had many failures and successes in which I have learned an abundance. Please be aware that not everyone will support your dreams, not even your family or friends. Expect rain and delays. Keep pushing and praying. Keep promoting and posting. Seek out every opportunity.
Following your dreams might take unexpected turns, but those are the interesting and memorable challenges of living the dream. Dreams make you take chances, but chances can bring more opportunities.
“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”
(1 Corinthians 2:9)
Public service announcement… Let me reintroduce myself… Hello TJInspires-It's okay to struggle, just never give up on yourself.
My name is Tristan Jackson, my pen name is TJInspires! I have always been a Dreamer! A first generational everything! I live in Houston, Texas. A person who dreams big is an ordinary person. What makes them extraordinary is that they find the courage, heart, and discipline to make that dream come true. They go after their dreams despite the naysayers.
Life is full of setbacks. Sometimes, you’ll give your best effort and still fall flat on your face. This is especially true in the entrepreneurial world, where many new businesses fail to make a profit. You might find yourself in a situation where you can’t get any investors for your brand. Or maybe you didn’t understand current workplace trends and as a consequence, high turnover brought your business crashing down.
A first generational small business owner! I run an online Inspirational Boutique! I also deal with anxiety and depression! My purpose for everything, I do is to inspire people to achieve their dreams in spite of adversity. My life is a story of faith, hope, perseverance, survival, love, heartbreak, compassion, triumphs, and failures. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter, sorrow, sun or rain, but he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
I was not born with a golden spoon in my mouth; it was made of white plastic. I was born into the drug life. I knew God had a better plan for my life and was determined to break the generational curses. My lifelong lesson has been to find my own identity in this sometimes crazy and very harsh world.
For much of my life, I kept secrets because of shame. I was called the dark child, dumb, ugly, and stupid. I never had friends to hang out with. I feared bringing people to my house. I feared that if people really knew me, they would reject me. My home was not the one seen on a television screen. Throughout a person’s life, they are faced with different obstacles and challenges. My life in particular has been full of ups and downs related specifically to wanting a better future.
Despite all of the obstacle and challenges, in my life. I was able to graduate high school, college with a Bachelors and Masters degree. Currently in school to pursue my Doctoral Degree from Texas Southern University. Trust God with everything! Never Give Up on Yourself! Everything in our lives happens that way for His reason. "Trust in him at all times, oh people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us." The Good News: It's easy to trust God when things are going well, but we must believe in Him in all times — good or bad. He will be there for us through it all! God will turn the bad into good!
TJInspires is an online Inspirational Boutique! We have Inspirational and Motivational books, children books, and educational books. A self-published inspirational author, I began writing in 2012. In August 2015, I release my first book: Dream the Impossible. Since 2015, I have released 10 books. God has allowed me to travel the world, inspiring everyone to never give up on their Dreams! In May 2020, I launched #Inspired_Scentz, currently in stock we have candles, and wax melts. We send positive vibes through our scents. We specialize in relaxation, peace, and calm.
1. Do not give up! Not giving up on yourself won’t just make a difference in your own life, it could completely change things for others. You could even serve as an inspiration for others who learn from your success story and use it to get through their own dark times. If you give up now, there’s no telling what the world could miss out on. Many people who have changed the world would never have made their impact if they’d chosen to give up after earlier failures. Staying true to your dreams could transform the world for the better, but only if you refuse to give up on yourself.
2. Keep Moving! Keep Going! Sometimes, it may seem like the only thing keeping you going is positive self-talk. But no matter how hard things get or how much others refuse to believe in you, you control your own destiny.
I pray through my books, academic advising, speaking and in helping others. I wants to inspire everyone to reach their dreams. I wants to reach the silent voices in the world that are searching for hope. A witness to God’s favor and knowing how to rise above every situation.
My message is about Perseverance & Never Giving Up!
Amazon: Tristan Jackson
Social Media: TJInspires/ YouTube: TJInspires